Although it is constant in relation to the Gross Domestic Product, the public investment forecast for fiscal year 2023 will have a real increase of 4.8% compared to the closing projection for 2022 and will amount to ARS2,261.580 billion.
- Almost half of the public investment financed with resources from the National Government is allocated to state-owned enterprises and trust funds.
- Energías Argentinas SA (ENARSA) is the main recipient of these funds (ARS355.020 billion), allocated to the construction of gas pipelines and the Kirchner-Cepernic dams on the Santa Cruz River.
- Next in order of budgetary importance are the appropriations for the Pro.Cre.Ar Trust Fund (ARS183.094 billion).
- Transfers to provinces and municipalities will contract by 20.1%.
- China Development Bank (CDB) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) are the main external sources of financing.
- A total of 68.2% of the Real Direct Investment is for investment projects, which require a total of ARS489.252 billion. Almost half of this budget (44.0%) is allocated to 20 projects.
- The Conectar Igualdad program leads the procurement of capital goods, the second component of Direct Real Investment.
- The rehabilitation of the San Martín Railroad is the most important multi-year work with ARS115.687 billion.
- In the Consolidated Public Sector investment, state-owned enterprises gain share to the detriment of the National Administration investment.