The Public Investment (PI) forecast for fiscal year 2022 will amount to ARS 1.314 trillion, which represents a real increase of 22.6% in relation to the execution estimated for this year.
Based on the projections of 2022 Budget Bill, PI will reach 2.2% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), basically because of the increase in Direct Real Investment.
- The investment project with the greatest budgetary significance is the Construction – Stage I of the Néstor Kirchner Gas Pipeline (Tratayén and Salliqueló) (ARS 57.088 billion), and the procurement of computer equipment for distribution in schools (ARS 70.404 billion) leads the acquisition of capital goods.
- Budget Bill 2022 includes 794 multiannual works with the largest disbursements expected for 2024. The most important is the construction of the Chihuido I multipurpose facility, in the province of Neuquén (ARS 228.9 billion).
- Capital transfers to government-owned companies and trust funds that are part of the National Public Sector will increase by 21% in real terms compared to this year.
- Within the framework of the Juana Manso – Conectar Igualdad Federal Program, the distribution of 1,550,000 technological equipment for access to educational contents and the provision of connectivity to 40,000 schools is expected for next year.
- The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the China Development Bank (CDB) are the main external credit sources for infrastructure development.