Within a framework of a decrease in all the deficit results of the National Public Administration, in the first seven months of the year, the primary deficit decreased 22.6% in real terms with respect to the same period of the previous year.
- Total revenues for the first seven months of the year decreased by 5.1% and total expenditures decreased by 6.0%.
- The largest drop in revenues was recorded in Export Duties: 56.2%.
- Primary expenditures fell 8.3% in real terms during the period.
- The most significant real decrease was recorded in transfers to provinces (28.0% YoY), mainly due to lower assistance to provinces and municipalities and the compensation for the transfer of the police force to the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
- There were also significant cuts in family allowances (25.3% YoY), energy subsidies (22.9% YoY) and social programs (21.3% YoY).
- Debt interest payments increased 21.2%.
- Total expenditures represented 57.9% of the current budget appropriation. Social programs such as food card benefits (84.3%), Potenciar Trabajo (81.6%) and Progresar student grants (76.6%) were above average.
- Part of the budgetary reinforcement approved by Congress was allocated to food policies and the Progresar Plan in the amount of ARS43.705 billion and ARS31 billion, respectively.
- There is still ARS10 billion available of the total budget reserves for the year of ARS1,207.507 billion.