In January, mainly due to the contraction of expenditure, a primary surplus of ARS324.911 billion was recorded, 186.6% higher than in the same month of the previous year in real terms.
- The financial and economic results were also positive, by ARS63.724 billion and ARS93.006 billion, respectively.
- Total revenues expanded 0.3% in the year-on-year comparison, with a strong increase in property income, which grew 51.6% year-on-year (YoY).
- This increase was insufficient to offset the decline in foreign trade duties.
- Total expenditures fell 12.7% YoY and primary expenditure declined 13.9% YoY.
- The largest decreases were recorded in economic subsidies and capital expenditures.
- Social expenditures increased 12.1% YoY above inflation.
- No expenditures were recorded in January for energy subsidies and railroad transportation subsidies, which were recorded in February.