- During May, placements of government securities and loan disbursements totaled USD6.5 billion, mainly through the issuance of treasury bills and bonds.
- As a result of five public auctions, the equivalent of USD5.48 billion in treasury bills and USD131 million in bonds were placed during the month.
- A voluntary swap of BONAR DUAL for new dollar-linked bills (LELINK) for USD964 million was carried out on May 23.
- Debt service for the month totaled the equivalent of USD11.85 billion, of which USD9.63 billion were principal repayments and USD2.21 billion were interest payments.
- At the end of the month, the fifth payment of principal and interest on the loans derived from the 2014 Renegotiation Agreement with the Paris Club was paid. The payment was for USD1.55 billion of principal and USD325 million of interest.
- Main maturities scheduled for the month of June are DISCOUNT bonds, different BONARs in dollars, BONAR Badlar and BOTAPO.
Public Debt Operations – May 2019
June 13, 2019